If someone says "You're such an awesome mom"...

...what do you say to them? Thank you never seems to suffice...kwim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I say "Thank you so much!" and normally have a huge smile since it makes me so happy to hear.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I say..awwwww , thankyou! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• "Thank you, I really needed to hear that"!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I say: Thank you.... I need to hear it sometimes, I do feel funny because i might have had a rough morning that day, and think omg, I was so not nice.... In reality all parents have them days....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I smile and say 'thank you! Your kind words just made my day!".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I smile and say, "Awww, thank you!."
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I get this a lot and I actually dislike it. My four year old mocks me for it. I appreciate small comments but not the gushing. Mainly people are tuned into us because we are very noticeable. If we were a plain jane family no one would look twice at us or even feel the need to come up to us. I often wonder if they are just looking for an excuse to talk to us and get closer. I just smile and nod and look busy. A small smile or a small word is fine. But a conversation expected or wanted I just am not comfortable with. I know a thank you is expected - but when I suspect it is not because they really want to compliment and just get closer - I find it hard to really take it seriously.  The other thing is I teach parents parenting skills for a living.  So I get lots of questions from people out and about with their observations.  At a certain point you just want space.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• "Thank you! I try! " :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I usually get really embarrassed, turn bright red, duck my head and struggle to get out a simple thank you. I see all my flaws and tend to argue with someone when they tell me I'm doing good.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ohoh - I must be doing all the wrong things. I've never been told that except from hubs!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011