Embarrasing Hair Question (NOT Tmi)

I hate my hair. I have to use dandruff shampoo and any kind I use makes my hair so greasy and heavy. I wind up having to rotate shampoo products daily so my hair isn't greasy and heavy. I have thick, fine hair. I have even spent the money on expensive salon products and those don't help either. Anyone have any product advice? I'm desperate!

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Make sure to always buy the products that are made specifically for your hair type. Normally fine hair shampoos are less heavy.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Advice dont' wash every day. Finiss the purple jar with moisturizer is the best for you. My mother had that problem and it worked miracles.

Be sure your rinsing really, really good and don't use a lot of shampoo. That is where a lot of people get the dandruff from shampoo, not rinsing good enough.. Good luck...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Wash every other day and for scalp issues try anything with tea tree oil. Everyone needs to find what works best for them.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thank you all!
    Kari727

Comment by Kari727 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Tea tree oil. There are numerous products for hair with tea tree oil. Avoid things with alcohol. Experiment and find what works for your specific hair :)
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 11:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If you really have dandruff, try a rinse with apple cider vinegar.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Have you tried T-Gel? It worked wonders for my DD when she had dandruff. Also, the PP re: not washing too frequently and rinsing well should help too. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011