How am i supposed to feed my son fresh fruits and veggies?

He is 15 months old with 7 teeth but he will NOT chew his food. I don't hve a blender, but i try to chop his food up in little bitty pieces and he still chokes!!

How am i suppose to feed them.to him????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pureed Vegetables, Apple Sauce, Apple berry mix and other pureed baby food. Look in the baby food isle at the grocery store for all the pureed fruits & vegetables.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• http://www.walmart.com/ip/Munchkin-Fresh-Food-Feeder/15256195?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15256195

Maybe try one of these to help him get the feel and taste for fresh foods. My youngest son used it alot and it gave me peace of mind that he could not choke while using this. Got mine at WalMart.

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I do that but then people have told me hes too old for baby food. And its not as healthy as fresh...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Steam them so they're not so crunchy/hard, so he can mash them up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Does he see you eat? Try pantomiming to him eating or exaggerate chewing when you eat in front of him. Kids want to mimic their parents. See if that helps too. Or try foods like avocado slices- make them big enough that he has to mash them down (plus they are soft enough so they wont get stuck)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It isn't as healthy, hence some moms mash their own. Have you tried giving him a bigger chunk of the fruit/veg and letting him gnaw at it on his own? We started Ds on meat that way, a 1" thick strip of steak or pork chop and let him suck on it, cooked thoroughly so he couldn't bite all the way through it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I like the exaggerate when you eat so he can see you chewing.. no grapes until he it down, try soft fruits first like bananas only give him a few at a time, and if he can tell you he is to old for baby food, I would tell him chew your food or you get baby food ( smart baby btw)
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011