Anonymous to love or not to love?

I don't care much either way, most of the time I don't even notice if questions are posted or answered anonymous,

Seems like there's been a lot of complaining posts and answers about it lately.
Do you think this is a attempt to make things hectic, or a attempt to make the Anonymous feature go away?
I was wondering the other day if it was a attempt to make a change, or meant to voice complaints about it.

what do you think?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in About CafeMom

• We earn the right to post anon so why should it be taken away? CM came up with the earning idea. It would be silly for them to change their own idea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's probably a combination of all things.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think that the right to do so should not go away, it's the fact that it upsets so many that gets me. Thought maybe they were trying to make noise about it to get it to go away.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm not a fan of using the anon button, but that's just me. I don't mind if other use it and I don't think it should be removed. I think the problem is linked more to the fact that some people use the anon button to say mean spirited comments without having to own up to it.
    I think the anon button is good though. It helps if there is a questions that is TMI or such and people don't want to be embarrassed when answering.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I like the anon option and use it when I feel like I need to. I am a pretty private person and I like that the anon option lets me keep it that way. There are some topics I wouldn't normally discuss with anyone and being anon helps me get the advice and answers to the embarassing questions I woulnd never ask someone in person....

The flip side of that is, I can give the advice and answers I wouldn't normally give. I can share my experience and knowledge tohelp out another woman and I can feel good about that--and not embarassed.

I like anon and I hope we keep it.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The anon button is a good thing in some instances. Some moms use it correctly. Others are cowards and use it to hide while talking crap to other moms. I'd be fine if they did away with it. But then again, I never use it anyways. If I'm going to say something, I'll own up to it. I don't really care what anyone on here thinks about me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Love hate relationship. Anonymous can be funny. Anonymous can be cruel. Love the funny ones. Hate the cruel ones.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The only time the anon thing bothers me is when they use it to be cruel or mean....other than that I don't care...I've used it to ask questions I wasnt comfortable with everyone knowing it was ME asking...I don't think I've ever answered a question anon but I like having the option
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011