Is this even normal!??

so i had been in and out of the hospital my first couple of mths of my pregnancy and i finally think for the majority im over morning sickness and eating like crazy im 16 wks preganant and im finally craving food and eating well but am still loosing weight! my doctor at my last apt a wk ago showed me my weight loss when i first came in i was 123 and had went down to 110 he said just keep eating but i have a little bump and you can tell somethings in there but when i went to my wick apt yesterday they wighed me again and said i was 106 i had lost again!! and i have been eating and not throwing up and feeling fine and the doctor told me not to exercise until i can start putting on weight and he gave me a early bedtime which i love lol so its right after i eat to just store my food and hope it makes me gain something! i was looking at my tummy bump and my tummy sits sideways it pouches more out on one side and more in on the other! what in the world! lol idk what it is? i thought all tummys are round and either sit high or low but are still round.

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope not all are the perfect little basketball. You will gain weight. It's common to loose weight in the first trimester especially if you've been sick. Keep eating and see what happens next appt.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Honey..at 16 weeks...I wasn't even aware I was pregnant. I didn't have a "bump" until 22+weeks.

Yes, some folks loose weight for whatever reason. Just do as he says and it will be fine. Eat a lot, but, eat healthy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• aww..yes..for some the weight loss is normal.As long as your dr. knows and is keeping tabs on you as saying everything is okay..its okay. And also..the bump thats sideways...thats the baby sittin over there! lol...I remember with my first pregnancy my son preffereed the left side and it looked soooo weird,lol.
    Good luck and congrats on pregnancy mama :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• thankyou so much!! lol i am farther then 16 wks but my doc has gave me 3 dif due dates all in sept and so they just call me sept baby at my docs lol so i just go by my latest due date so im prolly like 19 wks but thankyou for all of your awnsers they all seem pretty much the same so its very helpful to know im normal lol
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Well, if you are eating healthier you may be taking in fewer calories. In any case, growing a baby takes a lot of your body's energey.

calorie dense healthy foods
    http://www.google.com/search?q=calorie+dense+healthy+food&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am 16 weeks and lost 10 pounds. Doctor wasn't too concerned although I was and am. Wish I could be put on an early bedtime schedule, lol! My baby belly tends to sit on one side as well. I can feel baby and that is where baby likes to sit the most. Makes me look lopsided :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• its ok to loose some weight esp when u have been sick and since your doc is fully aware of your weight loss dont worry so much cuz that could b a small factor in it as well..just eat when your hungry and follow ur doc instructions and ull be just fine!!! Congrats on ur new baby
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011