Sleeping???..Its a couple Questions.

Im five 1/2 months now and i was wondering if the "sleep on ur left side" thing is true? that it gives the baby more oxygen?? it seems now that I can never seem to sleep through the night. I toss and turn from side to side cause im a belly sleeper and now that i cant its uncomfortable but i find myself sometimes having pain from doing this in the morning.....normal???. Alsp.... is it bad to sleep on the right side? Should i make a routine to sleep on the left? Any suggestions on how to sleep better thru the night?? Im always SOOOOOO tired ughh.

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WELL MY DOCTOR AND MOTHER TOLD ME TO SLEEP ON MY LEFT SIDE BUT I NEVER COULD..EVERY TIME I TRIED I'LL TROW UP AND THATS WITH BOTH OF MY KIDS..SO I HAD TO SLEEP ON MY RIGHT SIDE,MY KIDS CAME OUT OK I HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD AND A TWO YEAR OLD!!
    andreandalton

Answer by andreandalton at 6:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I am there with you. I am 6 months pregnant and have always been a stomach sleeper. I can't get comfortable. I've bought extra pillows and stack them up so that if I lay on my back, I'm not flat, but propped up. Also, sometimes, I stack them so that I am laying on them and making kind of a cushion for my belly so that I can lay on my stomach. A pillow that you can put between your knees or thighs will also make it more comfortable to sleep on your side. Good luck.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 6:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Its okay to sleep on your right side too. I wake up with pain too I think its just a part of pregnancy. It gets more and more uncomfortable the father along you get. Sorry I don't have much advice on how to get better sleep I still can't either.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The left side was so uncomfortable for me I actually ended up sleeping with my face and stomach against a wall so I couldnt roll over on my tummy in my sleep
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 6:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Don't worry about it...left is better, but right is ok. Back is bad for you when you're bigger. The baby is going to get what it needs.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Either side is ok, of course the left is better, but the right won't hurt. The problem with being flat on your back when you are bigger is it can cause the weight of the pregnancy to press on the inferior vena cava (the big vein for your lower body) causing your blood pressure to go dangerously low. They always said left side, because most of your major abdominal organs are on the right side.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 6:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I am 5 months and sleep however right now. With my first, I slept however I could to sleep. I got a body pillow and would sleep half on my side, half on my back. I would wake up on my stomach... I don't think it hurt the baby, he was a very healthy 8+ pounds, with no issues.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i heard that left side was the best, but when i asked my doctor, right side is fine. i can fall asleep on either, and body pillows are life savers! however you get to sleep is normal, and you wake up in the middle of the night its for a reason, meaning either you or your baby is uncomfortable and its time to switch positions.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would advise you to do what your doctor says.
    Anonymous