Does it bother you?

That athletes movie starts and musicians get paid better than our soldiers teachers police officers and people who work their butt off working a 9-5? koobe bryant got paid i want to say 21,262,500 in a year with out all his sponser deals where my dh makes parts for the military and train parts he bust his but everydayt and gets 33,000 a year idk what our soldiers who risk their life for us get paid but i know its not alot... this really bothers me. what 3 jobs do you feel deserves more money?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 11:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think it's unfair, for sure. The people that work the hardest and do the most good usually get paid the least.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It is unfair and it happens because people allow it to happen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It is absurd what sports people get paid. Its a sport. they should never get paid multiple millions of dollars for playing a sport. Same with musicians and movie stars. How do they justify being paid that much for one little talent?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's always bothered me, even though there is nothing anyone can do about it, that athletes make so much money to move a ball.
    Research
    Teachers
    Clerical (I'm a clerical person so of course i think I should make tons more money!!) I'm responsible to process all this paper to comply with all these government,state, and local rules and regulations...
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• YEA! its def bullshit!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No, they are very specialized in their careers, and they excel at them. They also only earn that kind of money for a short period of time.
    I say, good for them.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• military,teachers and clergy
    Tootsie182

Answer by Tootsie182 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I understand completely. My hubby is a police officer and puts in TONS of hours, is on call all the time, has missed birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc. because he had to work, and has been in danger too many times to mention. He gets paid a decent salary but it is obscene to think how much celebreties and athletes make by comparison.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• People get paid what the market is willing to pay. If no one went to ball games or concerts the artists or athletes would not be paid as much. That is the way it is in a free market society.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 12:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011