Should I paint my office walls red?

I am in the process of decorating my office, I am so tired of these plain walls, I am from Texas. I though of that theam, DH is not from Texas so he is not so excited, but being it's My office I could care less of his opinion other than the color of the walls that he will be painting.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Burnt orange and white.. Texas A&M, baby!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Red is such a loud, distracting color. Good luck trying to focus and get any work done with such a crazy color in your office. I would do some kind a green, so as to promote concentration and serenity.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Paint it whatever color you want. If your going to sell this place though be prepaired to re-pain before you put it on the market as red walls turn buyers off big time. Its a hard color to cover unless you get a really pricey paint with high pigment.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'd say not red! We did our bathroom in a dark burgundy, and I regret it! If your wanting to a Texas theme, do a burnt orange or sandy brown color. Those are a little more neutral than red so it'd be easier to change themes if you wanted. Plus, it is your husbands house too, not his office, I'd never do something major like paint if dh and I disagreed about the colors.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Red makes me feel angry and irritable, but if it doesn't make you feel that way, then go for it. I personally prefer taupes, beiges, and sagey greens on my walls, then bringing in a pop of brighter color if desired through accessories or artwork. But do whatever color makes you feel good.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i probably wouldn't paint it a bright red, but maybe a depper, darker shade of read would be nice!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You should paint your walls a color that is relaxing and happy. Red is a stressful, angry color. Yellow is a happy color. Blues and greens are relaxing.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• OOOHHHH you've got a great space there!
    I love RED! Our bedroom is red. Not fire engine red, but deeper. I totally love it.

But you do need a large space for it as to not feel closed in. The darker the color, the smaller it will make your room look.
    I say - GO FOR IT!

ps: here's my red http://www.valsparpaint.com/en/explore-colors/color-selector/index.html?screen=swatchScreen&colorId=3836
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @ MrsDAP Thanks
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011