So what Am I?

Am I conservative or a liberal?

I believe in less government control. I think the majority of issues should be left to state.

I do agree with many aspects of health care reform.

I believe in equal rights, that includes homosexuals, and polygamist. I think that any consenting adult should be able to join in a legal union as they see fit.

I think its unconstitutional for the government to have such strong ties to large cooperation.

It angers me that there we are not pushing harder for alternate energy sources, and that we are in desperate need of environmental changes. I think there should be a fine for not recycling.

I believe that our financial priority should be education. It disgusts me that lawmakers make so much, and yet our educational system suffers, and that teachers are very underpaid. Lawmakers and government officials need drastic pay cuts, that money needs to be put towards education.

Our welfare system needs to be reformed. it needs to be designed to encourage and help families get to a place where they no longer need it. In order to qualify, I think people should have to prove that they are doing what they can to better their lives. I know that some situations are different. However, if your on PA, then you need to be going back to school. Even if its just one class at a time. I also think that people on PA should be required to go through financial budgeting classes. Currently do to lay offs, our family is on PA. Dh is going back to school, I'm on a waiting list to go back. So I'm not saying that out of a place of ignorance.

I believe that people have the basic human right to live life as they see fit as long as it does not cause emotional, or physical damage to themselves or others.

I ask because my brother said that I am a Conservative person with liberal views. I've never really associated myself with one party or the other. I always look at the issues at hand and vote according to what I feel would be the best choice. I know many people who will vote for the party they associate with, regardless of the issues at hand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I do agree with many aspects of health care reform.

What specifically do you agree with? Also, do you think the states should have control of education? Or the federal Government?

Ohhhhh~ And just so you know, it's ok to be an independent... ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Is it really that important to attach labels and pigeon hole ourselves into one political party or another? You can agree with parts of any given party but not all of them. Call yourself undecided and just agree with the points of views you agree with.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Anon - I like the way you think. They all sound pretty good to me. Independent?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• This may help, or you may just find it fun:

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 11:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree with things like no wait for preexisting conditions. No insurance cap, I guess I agree on changes that put restrictions on insurance companies. I do not however agree with fines for not having health insurance. I do fear that larger government control over our health care system will begin to limit our rights in health care choices. We usually seek alternative health care. We do have great insurance through dh's new job, and its very affordable, however it does not cover any alternative treatments. If a family chooses alternative choose, but is still required to pay out for insurance that they most likely will not use, I think that is horrible. I haven't had time to look at all aspects of the new reform, I don't know if I ever will! I still feel that it should have been handled on a state level though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Because you gravitate to the wanting states to have power~ My first guess would be you are independent/libertarian leaning.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• As far as education, I am stuck. I don't think state or federal have proved themselves competent enough to be trusted with our children education. If I had to choose, I would say state, with federal standards. I also believe that parents are equally responsible for the fail of our system. Parents need to stand up and take a more active role in their children s education and the school in general. I saw drastic differences in education state to state when we moved from one state to another. I think that education should be handled by a federal funded organization that is apart from the government. Made up by teachers and parents who will determine and direct funding and expected standards. Almost like a non profit organization.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Labels are just that labels.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Apparently i am a center-left social libertarian.....neat link there eek.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think I like "independent".

I also have to state that I wish their was a reasonable cap on how much a government official can make, and that it would be more comparable to what regular government workers make.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011