My stupid Internet Explorer keeps closing. Tried disabling some add-ons but it didn't work.

I get halfway through a reply on here and my stupid Windows Internet Explorer stops working or the comp. freezes and I have to control Atl delete just to get out of here. It only happens on here while I'm replying to a post and just started a few days ago. Any idea's why it's doing this and how I can fix it?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Technology

• try Mozilla fox or Google Chrome...Internet explorer is the worst!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• YIKES, my computer started doing that a while back and within a couple of weeks it CRASHED, I had a virus. Sure hope that's not what is happening with yours

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Down load GOOGLE CHROME Its a MUCH more stable browser. Sounds like you have a virus to me. Do a full scan to find it with your virus software.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• FYI, ladies, BE VERY CAREFUL if you download Internet Explorer 9 on your comps! DH did on our desktop yesterday, and it froze! He had to take it to Office Depot, and they took it off for 29.99. The guy told DH in 3 days, they had removed IE9 from 83 computers! It's bad news, I guess.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• This is the EXACT reason I no longer use IE. If I had more than one window open it would freeze, then crash. IE is the WORST browser. I now use Mozilla Firefox and I can have as many tabs open as my RAM can support, and I now have a 4G RAM.

It won't get better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer. Almost everyone I know has problems with IE and especially with the latest versions. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are free and work MUCH better! Just google them and download, then you're set!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am another google chrome fan. be sure to add the adblocker!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Download Firefox! It is much better! IE blows and is very easily corrupted.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ditto on try Firefox instead. i have found it to be a much better browser
    mamabrickhouse

Answer by mamabrickhouse at 7:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• IE9 is not compatible with all programs -
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011