Which ones of us will be directly affected by the shut down?

Not services but actual paychecks.

My dh is a Federal Security Officer and I am on unemployment, we will.

My best friend works for the State, seems safe? NOPE, her department is federally funded.

We live in a time that more people work for some form of government then work in manufacturing. THAT'S NUTS! and bass ackwards!

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• My entire town will be affected. We have a state park right here and it will affect our little town's economy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's going to keep a couple of my home sales from closing because the FHA and HUD underwriters wont be working. Im going to be getting a few frantic calls from some of my buyers. Register to vote Lady's and VOTE EVERYONE OF THESE ASSHOLE LAW MAKERS OUT OF OFFICE NEXT ELECTION!!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Several members of my family will be affected.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My husband is Active Duty Army. We will receive half of our check on the 15th. That is our car payment basically. We should have enough in savings to help cover things, and we are well stocked on food, but we need our savings for some things that came up suddenly.

I will be fine so long as we get a full check and back pay on the 1st of may. Otherwise idk what we'll do. Gas is 4.00 a gallon where we are stationed. Thats just the things i've thought about so far.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I will add that I feel fortunate if this does happen because we will at least get back pay. So many wont even get that. Its unacceptable and I am extremely disappointed in our Government.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I won't be affected even though we are in the Navy..~We'll prob just spend lesser then we already do now ^^
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I will, active duty family with allotments.. We can't afford to pay all of the bills we set up for the 1st, and telling our bank and landlord that they will just have to "wait" until we get the rest of our money sucks! The landlord is in his rights to ask us to move if he wishes to.
    Anonymous

• Oh i forgot to add my son is active duty Army so he will.
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My son (active duty Army) will be. If they don't send out VA checks to disabled Veterans on the 1st, we will be because my husband's VA check pays our car payment. My son who gets unemployment (he's an Army Veteran who is unable to find a job right now thanks to the economy) will still get his check as far he knows. He called and asked.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous