Pregnancy is finding new ways to bother me!

Omg!!! Ok, so I have had horrible insomnia my entire adult life and of course when you're pregnant they don't want to give you anything to help you sleep. Finally, last week, my doctor gave me something I could take. Now that I am actually able to get sleep, the strangest thing is happening to me. When I sleep on my side (either side) I will get horrible pains in my hips that lead to charlie horses in my butt cheeks that last all day long. I mean ALL DAY LONG. And the worst part is it seems to build on itself every night. I'm going to bed sore, and sleeping on my sides seems to irritate it even more so its worse the next day. If I try to prop myself up to sleep kind of sitting up but on my back, the pressure is still on my hips and butt, but it adds pressure down below! I am so ready to GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME! What is doing this? Is there any way to stop it?!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you can't eat bananas you can take potassium supplements, but you have to take calcium at the same time for it to break down properly.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Yes its a potasium issue. You need to eat a banana (atleast one) everyday and that should prevent the charlie horses. They are real bitches LOL. I had them and omg do I ever feel your pain!

Answer by gemgem at 6:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You poor thing. I would try getting on your hands and knees and stretching before bed... It will suck, but it will loosen your muscles and should relieve some tension. Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I agree, eat a banana every day. Also when it happens at night JUMP OUT OF BED AND STAND UP RIGHT AWAY. That will help stop the charlie horse fast.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2008