I'm ending a 7 year relationship with the father of my child

I think I've come to terms with it. It will still probably hurt, but I know eventually I'll feel better and hope to find someone who will make me happy. What I can't come to terms with is my son losing his father. Yes, he will still be around on weekends or whatever arrangement we decide on, but I hate that we won't have family outings, and I can't watch my son bond with his father, and that he won't have Daddy around every night, and we can't cuddle in bed in the morning, and...well everything that goes with it. I can imagine another man in MY life someday, but I can't bear the thought of another man in his. How do I learn to deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Not sure what to say.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think you shouldn't end that relationship. Unless he hurts you or your son, you should figure out a way to make that work. My marriage was rocky in the beginning. I'm glad we stuck it out. Every year we grow closer. You can figure out a way to make it work. Pretend that ending it isn't an option.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well it seems like you really haven't gotten over it and probably won't if you keep thinking like that. 7 years and its all down the drain. what was the issue that broke the camel's back? all you have to do is make sure your son has that relationship wih his father.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• End it now instead of holding on for 7 more years and still be unhappy and regretful.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Hugs! No real advice but to say just take each day as it comes...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry that you are ending it. It sounds like to me that you still care for him, and still love him, so...Why end it? If he's abusing you, or your child I get it. But, if it's just a trying time right now, why not try to work it out. I think that's the best thing, is try to work it out first, and go from there. I'm sorry it's hurting. Yes, a son NEEDS his Daddy, so I can understand being upset that he'll miss out on that. Just think about it a lot before you end it.
    My_Guys_Rule

Answer by My_Guys_Rule at 2:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well life keeps going thats all you will find somebody and for get about your ex well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011