Mommy has and ear infection and no time to goto the doc....:(

I am using peroxide often and tylenol but still in pain! ( 2nd one I have had in 2 months) although these are quite common for me I am frustrated and in pain today! Anyone have any at home tips to help?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Some Benadryl to help dry it up and relieve the pressure in your middle ear.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Try some aspirin and take a nap. Whenever you wake up, you should feel better. I would try to figure out why you keep them in the first place though.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My doctor had me take some sudafed (the real stuff that they keep behind the counter) for ear pain.

You may need anti-biotics, though . . . can you call your primary and see if they will call in something for you, since you were just seen for that?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Heat up a little olive oil with garlic in it, and put a couple of drops in your ear after it cools a little (you want it warm, but not hot). Use a cotton ball in your ear to keep it from dripping out. I personally like to use warmed sweet oil, but if you have garlic & olive oil it'll work almost as well. Also, ibuprofen if you have it - it helps more with the swelling, better than tylenol in that situation.
    Anonymous

• Do you have Eustation Tube Dysfunction? DO you have a lot of pressure behind your eardrum and sometimes have popping in your ears? My doc told me to take Mucinex. And drink a lot of fluid.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You can buy over the counter ear drops, but they don't work as well. Maybe your doc would call you in a prescription w/o seeing you?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 2:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've also heard trying a hair dryer helps, but I don't know for sure.
    SherriPie