Do you use store brand formula?

I use store brand formula. I've never had a problem with it. I've bought it in the regular style, sensitive style, and gentle style. I've even seen soy versions, etcetera all store brand. I'm a big fan of the commercials on television now that remind us that all infant formulas sold in the US are subject to the same regulations governing manufacturing and ingredients per the Infant Formula Act. I don't have any problem with anyone buying brand name formulas. Everyone has a preference and their justified reasons behind it. I'm just happy about the growing awareness that there is nothing wrong with store brand formula. You don't need to pay for the name on the label - that goes for formula, sneakers, winter jackets, everything :)

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 11:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• Costco brand. Yes. It had the same exact ingredients as the Enfamil Lipil that I had been purchasing, and my son loved it!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When my son was an infant, yes. I got 9 cans of Enfamil a month through WIC and used Walmart's version of the same stuff when I needed more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, I used the store brands with my daughter, I could never tell any difference in the quality. It helped a lot as far as our budget went, too.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Cool! We like the BJs brand :)
    DragonflyGirls

Comment by DragonflyGirls (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have before
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wish I would have known this when my children used the Similac formula
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i never tried the store brand before but im assuming ts like everything else real/ store brand
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No I dont myself, I recieve wic services so I get Similac for my DD, before that I used enfamil. My friends husband was deployed and they then made to much money to recieve wic so she actually used walgreens brand and as asked the pharmacist if it was ok to use and he told her that its exactly the same as similac or enfamil. so yes it is safe to use
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• When I was on WIC dd used Enfamil. After that I started buying the Target brand. You do have to watch soem of the brands though, I have seen some store brands that list sugar as the first ingredient!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011