Christmas fund?

have you started one? I did it last year and it worked out s ooo well Christmas was all cash I had saved from babysitting and my DH's computer business for about 4 mo. i decided that my goal for this year was $1500 and started putting away the $$ last monthand I am 1/3 of the way there! EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 11:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• we're planning on starting this. but unfortunately right now I'm more concerned about how I will pay bills and feed my family this month.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• All of our checks get deposited into a savings account and we pull out what we need for bills/spending for the month...the rest stays in there. I just pull out what I need for the holidays when it is that time. I don't spend that much though! Holy moley! I usually spend under $1000 (which includes the meals and extra driving) and we have a family that buys for everyone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It is a great way to minimize the financial burden at Christmas time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I havent started but I probably should!!!
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 6:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I budget everything and it works for me. I think it is the smart thing to do.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• How is it working so far? =) We are going to now. We can't get a lot because we are moving states in January but we can get her stuff once we move =0)
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2011