Does anyone use natural deoderant? How do you like it?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• The problem is that they are deodorants not anti perspirants. They don't keep you from sweating they just try to cover the smell. IMO then you just smell like fruity B.O lol. I think they are ok if you are someone who only mildly sweats and your just using it for general use like to go to work. But if your planning a heavy work out or plan to be in hot sweaty conditions your probably going to want something tougher
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yup, used it. It is really bad that after a shower and using the natural deodorant you can smell yourself a few hours later. I lasted a few days before going back to regular antiperspirant.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yes and I'm not that crazy about it. It doesn't hold well. I've tried a few brands. I read in a pinch you can use alcohol. That does better in keeping me dry than the natural deodorants. I'll probably keep trying new brands until I find what I like. Basically I use it at home but when I go out I used regular deodorant.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have tried Arm & Hammer Natural before and I have to say it is not all that great. It has a nice fragrance when it is first applied but it does not last all day. It usually causes me to sweat more throughout the day and I am not usually much to perspire. So, I don't think it is worth the trade off.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I use a natural deodorant that I found on Etsy, and I love it! It has lavender in it to combat the bacteria that causes the stink. It doesn't help stop the sweating, because that is not natural. Your body is meant to perspire as a means to cool itself.

KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011