Do you seek to hear the Word of God

I hold a weekly Sermon on Sunday's where you can come and hear the word of God. To God be the Glory.

You can call in at (646) 929-0305. The Lord has a word that you need to hear so call in or listen in by internet at www.blogtalkradio/mentor1031

Sincerely,

Tabitha Variance

variance001

Asked by variance001 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus did not do away with the Old ways in the sense of us knowing what sin is, of knowing our history, of knowing who God is but he did do away with the old way of us being forgiven of sin and of being reconciled to God. Jesus did not come to abolish the law but to make it perfect. We cannot get to God (eternally) by the old ways, only thru the perfection of the blood of Christ can we attain an eternity with our creator. No one has said that the Old Testament, teachings or commands are to be thrown away. We are to study and know them, understand what sin is and know what truths are held in the books BUT We cannot avoid committing some of the 600 sins that are listed and we do NOT have to make a living sacrifice. This is what I and OP is saying. If you cannot understand, I am sorry. I can't explain it any better than this.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• what denomination are you? what are your teachings based on? i listened to some of it and already don't agree with your sermon for today. do you teached based on the whole word of God or do you pick and choose. i'm questioning u because there are many who come on here who don't know God's word and will listen to you and be taught false doctrin.
    Anonymous

• cont: you said Jesus did away with the law.. this is a false teaching. In Matthew 5:17-20 says 17."Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
    18.For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
    19.Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Anonymous

• Amen, Anonymous!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You are not telling the truth. Read matt:24 where it talks about the many that will mislead you and all the things that will take place before the end will come. I’m telling you what you are teaching is false be careful not to mislead many.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, I hate speaking to anonymous postings but I have to say I think you really misunderstood her message. She is saying that when Jesus Christ came and died for our sins, it did away with the old Jewish ways. We don't have to go every year and sacrifice an animal to be forgiven for our sins, the blood of Christ covers us. Jesus did do away with the old law (Jewish laws, ways to be forgiven of sin) He does not tell us to disobey the commandments that God has given to us thru the Old Testament but he does clarify quite a few things such as in Matthew 5 (eye for an eye and love for enemies) Also when he was accused of working on the sabbath in Mark 2:23-on. He gave us a new commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself".
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm not sure that you understand either what Tabitha is saying or you are confused on what Jesus did. He didn't come to destroy the law or the prophets but he did come to give us the gift of eternal life and bring people back to God. Thru the old ways, Jewish law (Old Testament) we were never able to be fully cleansed from sin. Jesus gave us a new way, therefore he did away with the old ways. We don't have to follow 600 + rules and do this and do that, we only have to have faith in him as Lord and Savior.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think if you read 2 Corinthians 3: 7-18 you will understand what I'm saying here. It's too long for me to type but I really hope you will read it.

As Christians we should never be so quick to judge others (christian or not).
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• MrsHart6: I understood what she was saying which is why I asked her the questions I asked? denomination, doctrine etc. She is posting her site on here where non-believers and baby Christians will go and listen to her. I know Jesus did not destroy the law which is what I posted in my answer.. He came to fulfill it. His ways are actually more difficult then the 10 commandments.. the commandments say do not commit adultery... Jesus said if we look with lust in our eyes we have commited adultery.
    Anonymous

• cont: you said we are not to judge.. . We are to judge other believers if they are teaching falsely or continuing in sin or doing something that is against the word of God. Therefore, we should question what someone is teaching and be sure they are rightly dividing the word of God.
    Anonymous