Monistat for a yeast nfection in a 21 mth old?

someone told me that is ok is it? I am leaving for a week tomorrow and want to make sure he's gonna be ok with a sitter.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Doctor prescribed?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would call the doctor first. Maybe the sitter can take the baby to the doctors it they want to set an appointment.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You shouldn't give a child that young anything without consulting a doctor and shouldn't assume the diagnoses either. I hope you get it all figured out! Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Call the ped. But, yes. Actually, our ped had me buy the over-the-counter Monistat cream, and just put it on her outiside area like diaper cream . . . . it is not used the same way as an adult, so it doesn't go inside the vagina.

Call and get some intsruction and an OK.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree...Call her pediatrician first!
    Sophiestlc

Answer by Sophiestlc at 12:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, they say that mixing it th their regular diaper rash cream is fine. My doctor has told me to do this before and it's cleared it up in a day or two. Don't do it longer than 3, if the yeast infection lasts longer, you'll need to take her in.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Him^
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I did it once. It worked.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I called the doc and am just waiting to hear back. I'm just so nervous cause I don't want to leave him now knowing somethings wrong, and yes even though it's not that big of a deal thats the type of mommy I am :)
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011