Bottles

I've decided to breastfeed and bottlefeed. I dont want my baby to have nipple confusion so I was wondring what brand/type of nipple is best to use to prevent that? Thanks

augboy11

Asked by augboy11 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on your baby really. My son liked the soothe bottles, didn't get confused ( pumped and BF) and my dd liked the nuk bottles... It's trial and error in the beginning...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I use Breastflow (Target has them) and playtex drop ins with the rubber nipples only.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 12:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• btw i breastfeed and bottlefeed occasionally as well
    shortycmlb

• I did both and the lactation consultant recommended (and gave me) Avent bottles, so that's what I used with both my now 2 yo and my 9 month old. I nursed my 2 yo until he was 11 months and did supplemental bottles (usually 1/day), I nursed my 6 month old for 6 months doing supplemental bottles and then switched exclusively to bottlefeeding.

Answer by missanc at 12:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've heard good things about Avent. I don't breastfeed (had some complications) and I use Playtex's VentAire. I love them and I know they come with the nipple that are 'breast' shaped, too. Whatever you go with, I would probably recommend at least trying the 'breast' 'nipple' natural shaped nipples. I hope that made sense.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 1:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Medela and Avent were good but...it depends on baby.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It depends on the baby. But sometimes you can't avoid nipple confusion.
    Ashley0709

Answer by Ashley0709 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The best bottle I ever tried was the bottles with the drop in liners and the brown nipple. It is soft and is shaped like nipple.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011