Not really a question, but I just had to share this one!

A local high school gave valedictorian honors to a woman who graduated in 1936.

Fannetta Nelson passed away three years ago, but her family said she was robbed of the high school honor because she was African-American.

Nelson was on track to become the valedictorian of Westinghouse High School in 1936. But her family said there was a problem. Nelson's older sister, Sophia, had just received that award the previous year and the principal, they claimed, vowed not to let another black student have top honors.

Sophia said a music teacher from Westinghouse admitted to their family years later that the principal asked him to lower Nelson's grades to prevent her from being honored as a valedictorian.

Read the whole article: http://www.wtae.com/high-school-playbook/27470636/detail.html

How wonderful is that? It's not often that we get to see ANY organization admit to these kind of wrongs or do what they can to right them... So when we do I like to share.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• that is really neat...thanx for sharing!
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That's awesome! I'm glad Fenetta finally got her much-deserved award!

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• clapping

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Amazing indeed.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think it's great she's finally gotten the honor, but SHAME SHAME SHAME on those that conspired to cheat her of it during her lifetime. SHAME!!!
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011