Curious

I babysit a 3 year old from home and she seems to be sick at least every other week with a cough or runny nose. I myself have a have a second grader who never gets sick(3 year old is the only one here until 4 pm) Her mother works at a nail salon and takes her there after work most of the time untill 8 or 9. Is it possible that the chemicals could be making her sick? Thanks

augboy11

Asked by augboy11 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I doubt it. I bet she just has allergies.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My son is always sick like that too = he has allergies on top of being around kids at daycare
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I was also thinking allergies!
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep, my DD has allergies and it always seems she is coughing/sneezing this time of year!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• it all the time
    augboy11

Comment by augboy11 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would think allergies, but I'm the type that suffers from strong smells.. I can't stand smell of cigs and perfume.. it makes it hard for me to breath.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 12:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Probably allergies. My kids seem to be 'sick' a lot, but most of the time it's just the weather and pollen affecting them.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's possible. I can not be near hair spray, hair coloring, gels, etc with out a runny nose and if I use them my face turns bright red from the reaction. Can you talk to the mom about it?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• shell say just allergies too. and besides there is no other place for the kid to go,shes a single mom. Ive already told her if the kid is sick not to bring her here bc im 5 months alng
    augboy11

Comment by augboy11 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If you or your children are not getting sick from the child, then chances are it is allergies. You can have allergies year round. Has the mom tried to find out what is triggering the symptoms? Tried giving child medication to help ease the symptoms?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011