Is there a natural way to get rid of Flies ??

My friend has a problem of them getting in her house - they have checked all around their house /attic and outside - nothing seems to be dead or gross in any area but they still seem to be around - she has animals and a child so it would be best to have a natural solution

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Lavender, for some reasons many bugs can't stand the stuff. we planted it outside our front door and under the windows of our house and no more bugs! We also got a spray bottle, filled it with water and have been getting them and then killing them.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Fly paper works pretty good. We get allot of fly's here due to the field of cows down the street. Fly paper keep em in check for us.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Fly traps that hang from the ceiling and I've heard of ppl hanging ziplock bags full of water from their doorways with a penny in them (I'm really not sure the method behind this, but they tell me it works.)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I know with fruit flies you leave dishes of water and soap out and they drown
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'd go with planting lavender around your home or keeping it in pots around the interior of your home.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2011