American Idol

So how did everyone feel about Pia getting kicked off? I was totally shocked!

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 12:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Entertainment

• no some people have the gift and others don't
    mariababy2011

Answer by mariababy2011 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I've been rooting for Casey since the auditions :) LOVE CASEY! teehee
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 12:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I am sooooo upset about that! She had a pristine voice.

I have come to suspect that the American public does not like to see the BEST person win. So, they vote for the underdog. Psychologically, it makes the "top" more attainable when a mediocre person is in that place.

This is an actual proven social phenomenon. Society always tries to take out the "Top Dog".

It is a sad, sad statement. And, it happens every season. I wish we could just appreciate excellence without all of that jealousy making us want to shoot excellent people down.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I thought for sure it would be Stefano. I like Pia but I wonder if people assumed she would be safe and did not vote OR maybe they took Jennifer's suggestion that she needs to "perform" more means she doesn't have what it takes. I don't think she wuld have been the winner but she should not have gone home last night.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I should have added that the media will make a big deal of this and I bet she really benefits from it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• She was good, but she bored me. I thought it was her turn. She has less pizzaz then the others, less personality.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• shocked thought it was crap she is very talented but not going to affect my life....someone is going to scoop her up for a record deal.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2011