HELP SO IRITATED WITH 6month old Son

He got his shots yesterday and so far all day he has been nothing but a crabby fussy baby. I can't get anything done, he doesn't want naps, is always so hungry.
He ate 8oz for breakfast this morning, at 10:45 he ate half jar of food, and some oatmeal, and at 11:30 he drank a 6oz bottle.
I tried putting him down for a nap at his morning nap, all he did was scream, so i brought him down after a half hr and all he wanted was to be held. So finally i decided to put him in his high chair so i can do dishes and after dishes feed him, then maybe he would be happy.
Which he was while he was standing, when he was laying he just screamed and wanted to stand up.
I now have him down for his nap and all he is doing is screaming.
I gave him 2 does of Tyelnol already, Cuddled him, held him all day, and nothing is working.
I am at my whits end with him.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok....call the childs doctor, he may be having some reaction to his shots....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• He could be having a reaction to one of the shots. Does he look puffy or swollen anywhere? Does he have red spots or anything that could look like hives?

If not don't worry about it. He may just be having a day. They are just as prone to having bad days too. Just breathe.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• aww, I can totally relate to that. I have a 6 month old baby boy too :) As precioous as they are..man they can be so super clingy a lot of the time. For me...its MOST of the time,lol. I usually even have to type on here with him in one arm. I have to pee with him in one arm..it gets rough..day and night,lol.
    I get frustrated too.But they need what they need..lots of loves, lots of attentions, they arent goiong to stop just cause we tell them to,lol. So...stuff around the house gets done..I'm hoping..by next YEAR...things should be good and I'll be able to wash a dish or two..haha :)
    Close your eyes, picture his smiles.Imagine that he's just really not feelingg that well and just needs your loving comfort.Today may not be the best day to get all the housework done.
    Good Luck mama :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Maybe his tummy is a little wobbly today... Thinking this because you mentioned how happy he was when standing. Seems like he is getting fussier when laying down? I have used "Gripe Water" with both of my kids. It is all natural and can be purchased at WalMart and probably local pharmacy too - over the counter - usually right in the aisle with the baby tylenol. You give a baby two droppers full in their check to swallow and it helps their tummy's feel better. Usually worked instantly with mine if a wobbly tummy was the problem :) Hope your day gets better!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do you still swaddle him? If he isn't, swaddle him and then hold him for a little bit until he is calm and has been calm for a little bit. I remember that helped when all 3 of my DS's did that. I hope this suggestion helps. The only other thing that I did was let them cry it out but only after I gave them a bath.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• just bepatiet. does he have a fever or any sighn of an allergic eaction?
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• babies are sensitive .. maybe he's picking up your irritation ?
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 1:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Is there any redness or marks near where he got the shot at all? Why is his mood / temperment is he usually? is this completely unlike him to be this fussy?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• He may be feeding off your frustration with him. He had shots. Shots can cause fussiness. Goes with the territory.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sometimes you have to just less them cry or fuss. It IS NOT bad parenting. If you've done everything to help but it's not working just let him fuss.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011