does anyone have adult children thatm don't speak to eaach other anymore?

My son 27, and my daughter 29 don't speak to each other anymore. It was over misunderstandings that has to do with his wife, and it has gone too far. Thanksgiving was so uncomfortable and now I am dreading Christmas. I feel so depress!! They use to be so close. I don't know how to handle this. I seem to make things worst when I try to fix it. I am going crazy!!

maria183381

Asked by maria183381 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't speak to my twin sister, but she tried to stab me to death in front of her 4 small kids. My adult kids only speak to each other when forced to, and it's only because ones a boy and one a girl typical sibling rivalry, not from a fight or misunderstanding. They have nothing in common with each other.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My oldest sister and I never speak, we arent close at all, Im 22 and she is 26. She has a very strong dislike for me.... Its very hard, but whatever...You cant fix it, becasue it will make it only worse. Our Mother has tried everything, but it comes back that My oldest sister think our mom is picking on her and favoring me. My sister has always been very difficult to be around much less be fun and close with her. We never talk.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 8:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i don't speak to my brother. but i don't have adult children.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Much to my mother's dissapointment my brother and I haven't spoken to each other in two years. We don't get along (I got tired of being told what a horrible mom I am) so I doubt I will ever speak to him again. He sent my kids Christmas presents last year so I tried to do the right thing, I tried calling him so the kids could thank him and he refused to answer my calls or call me back.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my only brother and I did not speak for about 1-1/2 years after bush was re(s)elected. He is very conservative and I am a liberal. after I talked negatively about Bush, he cut me off. We eventually started talking again about a year ago, but we will never be quite as close as we were when growing up (just 2 years apart). We just see things differently. He is very adamantly pro death penalty and I am anti-death penalty. we just don't talk politics anymore :)
    LilDi

Answer by LilDi at 10:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I haven't spoke to my sister and my mother in almost a year now. All because of some lies my sister told.. My mom was under medication and thought that I did some stuff when in fact it was my sister.. So, the last time my mom was in the hospital she called me and told me that she didn't want to see or talk to me anymore.. My sister has never confessed to her lies.. They don't ask about my kids. My mom has never cared about my kids. To her it has always been about my sister and her kids.. I guess it will always be..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I talk to my family every once in a while but not really by choice. My dad is currently living with my husband and I and our 23 month old baby, so since he doesnt have a phone my sister calls mine to talk to him. I cant stand any of my family and some day hope to move very far from them all. My husbands family is no good either. His mom passed away 8 yrs ago and now we have to deal with his evil step mom taking his father away from my husband and our baby. It really sucks that we dont really have any extended family but thats just how life is and Im much happier with out them then with them. My dad and I arent even close and he lives with us lol but thats a whole other story. My older sister and her two children are favored much more but Im used to it so it doesnt bother me much any more. I just try and stay away from all of them.
    Anonymous

• continued... The sister Im talking about has an addiction to pain pills and thats allot of the reason why my mom is always helping her cause she tells me that I dont need any help cause Im a great mom and she never has to worry about me but she continues to help my sister who does not want help. I'm really glad that Im nothing like them because I could not live with my self.
    Anonymous

• i'll tell you this.My sister in law was a loony. And she kept trying to get between my brother and I. Am 12 yrs younger then my brother and we always wrestled (I was 12) and she would get jelouse. Anyway to make a VERY long story short. One day they were REALLY making out and I was 14 at that time and I was really uncomfortible. My brother and I were watching the simpsons and she just walked in 8 months pregnant sat on his lap and starting going to town on him right next to me. Well I knew she was trying to upset me because she's crazy like that (it bothered me but not becaus I was jelouse but because we were raised to believe that sort of things was supposed to be done in private and that we were to respect each other by not doing those things infront of each other. con't...
    Anonymous

• con't...
    Anyway I pretended they weren't even there and just kept watching. I had actually phased them out to a point that I forgot they were right next to me. And I herd her wisper something in his ear and he says to her "NO!" and then turns to me and asked me "are you jelouse?" I said to him "why would I be? She's your wife today tomorrow we don't know! I am your sister and your blood for ever" He just sat there shocked, laughed then said "YAH That's true!"
    Fast forward 11 yr.s I am 25 and he's been devorced for 9 yr.s. My point remind them they are family for ever.
    Anonymous