Everyone is getting tired of her behaivor?

15 and thinks she runs my house. My 12 year old is like, What is up with that?

How do I get it together, next therapist will come in Saturday. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was 15 I did the same thing. My mom took my to the juvenile court office and told them I was being disrespectful and they sat me in a room like they were gonna take me to the campus for a few hours. It was horrible. I stayed in my room for a long time without talking to anyone else in the house, but my mom got what she wanted.. I sure as hell didn't disrespect her again while I lived there.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• don't know exactly what your situation is but get any other adult in her life on board with you! she is asking for guidance and testing her sense of self, so give her guidance by being strong in your morals and beliefs and instruct her as to what you expect of her. Find something, anything you and she can enjoy toghether , (movies, shopping, manicure... whatever... do it! ) never stop telling her you love her but not her behavior. it's a tough age, remember??!! Best of luck and hang in there, you are in charge so do it!
    carmel318

Answer by carmel318 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• As I was told growing up , my house my rules you don't like it then we can find other arrangements. I was raised by a single mother who worked nights alot. She thought I was being disrespectful and took me to juvi as well, but I did everything my mother said. I cleaned the house, cooked meals, made A's and B's only, and never got to do the after school sports or sleepovers and helped her raise my lil brother who is 5 years younger than me as well as make sure she got up for work at night. If you feel like she is running your house, what exactly is she doing that makes you feel that way? Other than that I say give her a reality check.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 4:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011