Anyone NOT loving the Twilight series?

I've just started the first book because I've heard how addicting they are and how I won't be able to put it down. So I'm plugging along and I've read about 100 pages of the first book...but it has yet to get me obsessed with it. It's not bad, but I'm missing the addiction part. Has anyone read them and not been as impressed as the majority of people seem to be?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Entertainment

• i wasnt totally into it at first either... you have to read the whole book and more...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It does start kinda slow. Keep reading, I promise it gets interesting! :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Twilight is all I heard about from my 13 and 14 year old cousin on Thanksgiving! I have no interest in Twilight. My cousins and I agreed that this is mostly a middle/jr. high schooler thing like when I was their age, it was all about "boy bands". After awhile I just pretended to listen to them when they started talking about the movie and the books. Cant blame them for being adolescents.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 6:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The whole series is good. But NOT addicting. Some people have an addictive personality and get all obsessive about it, as far as the Twilight series, I don't happen to be one of them though. Laurel K. Hamilton books though? Oh yea she is worth getting addicted to her books over.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Oh Me Me Me! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo beyond sick of hearing about that stupid book and movie!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I haven't read the books and don't intend to...in my mind, if it spawns a whole following of obsessive teens, then it's not worth my time.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• LOL, there's a lot mor ethan just teens interested in those books. It's not too hard to put yourself back in a high schoolers shoes. I was SO not going to read those books--had absolutely NO interest in that kind of stuff. But I got board and had b-day cash to blow so I decided I'd give it a try since everyone else said it was GREAT. I love them. I'm NOT an obsessive person. I like the romance and action together. The books always kept me wanting more. Hope it gets better for ya!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I can say that I strongly dislike it. I am not into romance novels, so mixing teen sweet romance with vampires makes me twitch a little. I can get plenty of romance from Iron Man comics thank you. Tony Stark had enough lovely ladies to suffice.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:42 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughter has to take second semester chem again this year because of the 3rd book. As much as she loves them she is irritated she screwed up her 2nd sem of senior year because of it. My 16yo has read them all but isnt obsessed, although both girl had tickets to the movie a week before it came out and had the 4th book reserved on amazon 3 month before it came out. I read a little didn't care. But I am a 42 yo mom of 9 and a grandmother ... i am probably not supposed to care,
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2008