I have a question about the military shutdown....

If we our in military housing what will happen to use if we arent getting payed?

kristieh22

Asked by kristieh22 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing will happen from my understanding. We live on post but our housing is privatized. They have issued statements that they will just take the pay as it comes in at a later date.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @ ArmywifeAshlie Does that mean they will be paying your soldier the back pay for this time he's not getting paid or are they just going to take it out regardless if he's getting more?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my housing office didnt have any answers for me they if it h appends they will let me know monday waht there going to do .wth...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• There has been no official communication released as of yet...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Does that mean they will be paying your soldier the back pay for this time he's not getting paid....

If the shutdown goes past next week, the government will pay soldiers back pay. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Ohhh and OP, from your title~ there is no "military shutdown"
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have some friends of mine that have already had their checks cut in half today!
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 3:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My husbands sgt has said if there is a gov shutdown that unless you can pay your bills including housing then you will have to send your family back home and move into the barracs. The military housing is under contract and the gov has to pay the housing...if they can not do this then your housing will not be paid. Now im not sure if all of this is true....but that is why my husband has been told by his SGT. I hope that we all get paid. I live off base and I will get evicted and have everything shut off...including loosing my car and insurance. I hope all works out for military famalies and all gov workers.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

_________________________________________________

No that allotment will be taken out when its given. It will just be paid late to them basically.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

The ACTUAL checks have NOT been cut in half...  Military only get paid on the 1st and the 15th. The LES (by law) must be sent out a week before payday.... SO~ the LES shows the figure as though the government has "shut down" because there has not been agreement. If an agreement is made by Tuesday (at the latest) it is possible they can get most military members their full pay on the 15th via emergency release... Most likely starting with E1's and working up....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011