My two year old is absolutely horrible. He spits kicks doesnt care about discipline. i dont know what to do any suggestions?

cgobe24

Asked by cgobe24 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried spanking? sit him in the corner in a chair looking at a blank wall till he gets the idea YOUR in charge NOT him.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have the same problem with my 3 yr old little boy.... I have tired everything, spanking, time outs, you name it when everything is going his way he is an angel but you piss him off or something goes not according to his plan WATCH OUT!!! He does not spit or hit or kick me he usually knows better but he is sooooo mean to his siblings and just in general!! Im dreading when he goes to school!!! I hope he calms down in the next few years
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have been watching Nanny 911 to get idea's because I think I will be in trouble - granted my son is only 13 months old but I see major anger issues in him with his stubborn nature he was born with a mix of me and his daddy...ugh!! Its just a thought - I know they would take toys away and they stress consistancy! IDK - GOod luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Is he talking yet?? He might need word or signs for why he is so angry. You could also try talking in a calm voice (I'm trying this right now and it works sometimes but not everytime in public it's harder..) telling him why he can't do that? I did get my son not to bit again by bitting him back and he only did it once and never did it again since I bit him. I know it sounds horrible (do it in your own home not in public) and don't bit too hard just enought so it stings or shocks him. But if he laughs expect that he will do it again. My best friend he son laughed at her when she did that.. The only other thing I can think of is every time he does that take a toy and put it away and when he is good he can pick ONE and have it back. Just some ideas I hope it helps and watch Nanny 911 I've been learning things from them TOO!!! :) Good luck
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 9:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Do to them what you don't want them to do to you. I know that is kind of a two wrongs don't make a right, but it worked with both of my boys (who are almost 3). One bit me and I bit him back, he hasn't done it since. The other has hit me and I hit him back (not hard but hard enough to show him that it hurts and to not do it again) and he has stopped. Kicking is the same way, they have both since stopped, when they find out how bad it hurts. Most will say it is abuse, but my mom and other family did that to all of us and it worked! Why change it if it works?
    Anonymous

• I have that issue with my 4 year old who sometimes just thinks he is the king of everything but sometimes ihave to bring him down to reality from time to time.
    tears30314

Answer by tears30314 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• No wonder the pp stayed anonymous. She admitted she abuses her kids (come on, kicking them??)

Focus on all the positives he does, not the negatives. If he does anything right, which he will eventually, praise him. Spanking is only going to teach him that hitting is ok and he'll lose trust that you're there to protect him. I don't advocate timeouts where the child is left alone, but sometimes kids need a chance to calm down. So, if your son is acting up, trying spending some extra time with him because maybe he just needs some attention.
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 10:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008