For the beach....

When you go away on a beach trip.....how many pairs of shoes do you bring? and what type shoes do you bring? sandals? sneaker sandals? regualar shoes? pretty sandals? wedge sangdals? ....all of the above?....just wondering what do you consider too many?
and outfits......what do you bring and how many ? this is a very short trip for me may be...3-4 days.

FON

Asked by FON at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Travel

• I live 2 hours from Puerto Vallarta, sandals, flip flops 1 pair of each nice short and long sun dresses just 2-3 your baithing suit and remember chances are that they will be selling millions of all of the above and if your coming to Mexico, then it's probably pretty and very inexpensive
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It really depends on what all I plan on doing. JUST the beach? Maybe two pairs of flip flops. Beach and a little sighseeing? A pair of flip flops and a pair of sneakers. Will I being going out to dinner? A nice pair of sandals.
    Anonymous

• Romantic trip? A nice dress outfit with some sexy sandals - jeans/shorts/capri and flip flops (if you like em) or comfy sandals for lazy days shopping. and tennies for longer walks.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I always over pack. Then I go home with clean clothes I never wore. Definitely bring beach shoes and 2 other sandals. That is enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• 1 pair of flip flops, 1 pair of sneakers and 1 pair of nice sandals/shoes for dinner...in black because black goes w/everything. I outfit them up...I like my shoes to match what I'm wearing that day but shoes take up SO much room so I try to go w/colors that go w/everything and pick shoes that go w/more than 1 outfit.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Depends on the activities planned. I just returned from 10 days in Hawaii for pleasure and business. I needed sandals, dress shoes (black and white leather espadrilles), running shoes, hiking shoes and flippers. Pleasure is one thing, but business conferences and dinners require much , much more-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I grew up in surf city usa.
    I always bring 1 pair sandals...since I'm barefoot most of the time (usually waterproof and brands like Volcom, Roxy. Reef)
    bathing suit
    shorts/tank or dresses
    Sweatshirt if you are staying til dusk.
    shades and tons of sunblock.

Since you are staying several days I would also bring jeans, yoga pants or sweats/lounge pants and a few tank tops or casual beach type dresses.
    Have fun!!!
    Once you are at the beach you won't be too concerned with what you are wearing, your focus will be on the fun things to do!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011