Boy Suspended From School

A 16 year old high school boy was suspended from school for two (2) days. He was ACCUSED of peeing on the toilet by the janitor.  The janitor smokes in the restrooms.  All the kids know it, I guess administration does not? The teen was suspended from school for 2 days. Smoking is NOT permitted at the high school; it is a NO SMOKING ZONE. Even our city has no smoking policy in place .

If this was your boy, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Got the other kids names who know this? Take it to the administration without bringing up their names unless the kids agree
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• What does the janitor smoking have anything to do with the boy peeing on the toilet?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @brypmom:

We are; but what would you do about the suspension?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Unless the janitor was watching him pee.... how does he know that he peed on the toilet? Maybe someone else did.... maybe he missed the bowl..... WTF is the janitor doing watching this kid pee?!?!?!?!?!
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 2:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That sounds a little bizarre...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Janitor should not be watching student go to the bathroom. Janitor should not be smoking on school property. Since when is missing the toilet an offense that gets a kid suspended? All of our school would be suspended if that were the case. Go to the principal, superindentant, school board.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Enjoy the 2 days off. Collect work from teachers & complete them at home. I like seeing my son anyway. I don't have time to argue bs.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• To all who have answered so far - THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES. I am thinking the same thing!

WHAT would you all do if this were your son? What actions would you take? I am thinking about what I should do. Believe me, I am going to defend my son. He was interviewed by the dean and he told him he did NOT do it. Then he was interviewed by the principal and he said after being grilled, and scolded and told that "you know you did it" over and over again, he finally told the principal he did do it just to get the principal off of his back. My son told me he was called into the office at lunch time so he was VERY HUNGRY, felt intimidated by the principal, humiliated for being accused of such a ridiculous thing, etc. He felt degraded to say the least. I picked him up after 3PM.
    Thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• The dean and I would have a long and unpleasant for him conversation.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @anna.atlanta:

The point is how reputable is this janitor when he is breaking a city ordinance, school district rule? The students are not allowed to smoke, but SMOKE is in their restroom (partly the janitor) that is just part of the point made here. I hope this clarifies it for you. What would you do if it were YOUR son?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011