ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR KIDS?

This is for those with teens. Are you proud of yours, their attitude, their actions, choice of friends, education and behavior at school, how they treat and relate to you, etc.?

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 1:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• You betcha. They've made mistakes but who doesn't. I am always so proud when I hear my boys say yes maam or sir, please and thank you. They may not always do it at home but knowing they treat others with respect gives me great pride. My 14 year old absolutely adores "little old ladies" we are at the doctor today and he actually sat down beside one and started a conversation with her; when he had to go back for his appt he told her "thank you for talking with me you are a beautiful lady" she (and I) actually teared up.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 2:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes :) He's made some wrong choices, in words that he's used talking to a friend, but...We've all made mistakes. They have to make mistakes to learn, and some lessons might be hard, but they have to learn. Sometimes life lessons are the hardest. I like their friends, and I'm friends with their friends parents, so I know what goes on. They are respectful, and they open doors for people, and use their manners. Yes...I'm proud =)
    My_Guys_Rule

Answer by My_Guys_Rule at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My children aren't teenagers yet, but I am proud of them, does that count? :) I'm very proud of the way my children treat others; they are respectful, kind, caring, they will stick up for people that are being picked on, and they are well-rounded, awesome miniature people!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I will say yes, a firm yes. He has his moments (good Lord, he's 17 and a MALE, kinda expected, yes? LOL), but overall I get many many compliments on his behavior and treatment of people. His work ethic is utterly awesome, so I must have done something right??
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm more than proud of them :o) My kids are 21, 19, 18 and almost 14. They consistantly make good choices, they choose good friends, they love me and aren't embarassed to show it. They are respectful to me and those around them. Never been in trouble at school, never had issues with drugs and so many other of the bad choices kids these days are faced with.

They do however leave their dirty laundry on the bathroom floor all the time . . . damn kids :o)
    qwietpleez

Answer by qwietpleez at 3:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, I am proud of my teenager. He is polite, respectful, intelligent and caring. He makes and learns from his mistakes. He protects his 2 younger female cousins. He is rarely in trouble. He is a normal teenager.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My son just turned 16 today, and I will tell you, I am EXTREMELY proud of him.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, I was always proud of my children when they were teens and now that they are adults with their own families. They were polite to teachers and adults, they were smart enough to stay put out trouble, they all got 4 year college degrees and they are kind and generous human beings.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• ..stay out of trouble. Sorry.....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My sons are now 19, 20, 23 and 24 and I have always been proud of them. They are all awesome people and always have been :-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011