Ways to raise $ while home bound

My car is in the shop & won't b out until I pay it off. I live 10 miles from everything & I get a ride only to my work & back. Anyway to make extra $ at home, so my Jeep can come home sooner?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 2:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Its getting nicer out....maybe a yard sale? Babysitting? Housecleaning for a nearby elder or new mom? (id offer that for free but they usually offer a few dollars)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 2:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I agree, yard sale with baked goodies =] One time I had a yard sale, and grilled hot dogs on the grill, sold them along with a bag of chips and a canned soda for 2.50, babysitting is good too.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i agree, i would pay anyone to come clean my apt. i work as a manager at some apts and don't be home till late, and hubby and kid make a mess, and by the time i get home, im tired and don't do anything till the weekend.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Mow lawns, houseclean, babysit, elder sit, pet sitting/walking.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011