What is the worst gift your SO ever got for you?

I adore my husband, but occasionally his gifts are a complete miss. He likes to procrastinate, so this leads to last-minute purchases that are occasionally out of left field.
Last Xmas, he got me:
A battery powered Xmas tree
An ice-pack
An Icelandic knock-off Space Invaders bag made from what looks like duct tape

Although I'm glad he thought of me, I can't help but tease him a little bit about it.

What are your gift-fails? Do you and your partner ever purposefully buy each other ridiculous gifts as a joke?

CPCrane

Asked by CPCrane at 2:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A cheap little gold dolphin ring when I knew he could afford much much better. Needless to say I forgot his name now!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i feel terrible & like a spoiled brat when i think of it.. but hubby knew i was wanting this specific coach purse so he wanted to surprise me. he went to the outlet and bought a more expensive purse thinking i'd like it better, but i didn't =(. we returned it for the original & cheaper purse i wanted. but he was soo sweet trying to go the extra mile for me. i love him.
    Anonymous

• when he gets me nothing.... :(
    Anonymous

• Hubby always gets me awesome gifts!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• A silver chain necklace-he bought us identical ones...they were awful looking!!! Not the small chained necklace, but the really big kind that Mr. T would wear. It was not a joke either, he was so serious. Ha, it makes me laugh to think about it!!!
    Livv066

Answer by Livv066 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That would be the dolphin necklace and this crazy huge he bought me that he confused me for an ex he had many years ago.. I don't even like the darn things!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Oh, this glass paper weight looking thing with the Risen Christ etched into it, and it sits on an LED multi colored platform that you plug in and it spins around. It's the thought that counts, but my sister and I make fun of it all the time when he is not around. My "spinning Jesuse" we call it lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nothing....getting something is better than Nothing!
    CamColtonsmommy

Answer by CamColtonsmommy at 2:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• A ceiling fan.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Its a toss-up between the year he got me new tires for my car or the year he got me an Ab-Roller. I realize the tires weren't cheap, and I don't want to sound ungrateful because I did need them, but not its really a gift that says "You're special".
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011