Drug test (hair) adult content

does anyone know how it works? i mean, what comes up in it? just marijuana? or what other drugs? also, how far back does it go?(results)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• I heard it goes back as far as a year, but it depends on the length of the hair. I'm assuming most drugs can be detected or else they wouldn't use it as a form of drug test.
    Anonymous

• why so worried? O_O

lol.. i think it tests for the same substances urine tests screen for. and it depends on how long your hair is. don't they pull it from the root? i don't know much about it. i just listen in on my husband's friends discussions
    Anonymous

• Well it depends what they are looking for,,,and depends on the usage, a one time use of marijuana or almost anything else would no show up, they can test for anything from illegal to legal drugs as well and inhalants. I am a hairstylist in kansas city, and a few years back there was a lady name Deborah Green who set her house on fire with her kids in it, the next day she went to the salon I worked in at the time, the police came and got the hair her stylist cut off, and it was a big factor in her conviction. If you have not used in the past 3 or 4 months, it still will be in the longer hair, there is no way to get rid of it, other than a major haircut. It is VERY expensive to do a hair test over a urine test. Usually jobs require a urine test and or blood, but perhaps this is court ordered for a custody issue? Hope this was of some help!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• and yes the pull about 10 stands from the root!
    kimigogo

• I think the individual lab determines how far back they test. Most places test about 90 days I think, but it can probably go back further. They cut a big chunk out of my hair when I got it done.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 2:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• it goes back 10 years - they screen everything.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My BIL/SIL were addicts and had to have the tests to get the kids back. I'm pretty sure ANY drug will show up, and it's the most accurate test out there. It can go back a few months. (My BIL tried cutting his hair lol didn't work)
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• 10 years, if your hair is long enough. but the main reason they use it is because its the only way to test for substances such as coke or crack. They could even tell you how much you use.
    My SIL had her DH tested when they were going through their divorce. He thought he would be smart and shaved his head. They took his chest hair, HAHAHAHA!
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I heard 7-8 years- you just never know.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure. Have you tried doing a Google search?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011