Has anyone been diagnosed with gall bladder stones and used natural medicine to get rid of them?

I was diagnosed with gall stones and I don't want to have surgery so I appreciate any information thank you.

wwjd2007

Asked by wwjd2007 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• No but, the Surgery is not so bad and can be don laproscopically now, my mom had that surgery and she was up and about working 3 days later and very very tiny scars (2)
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My dh had the surgery done about 2 years ago. Like mextexmom2 said, it was done laproscopically and he has 4 tiny scars. Didn't take long to get him back on his feet and he felt a ton better. He also said ipthe surgery was the best nap he has ever had!! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No matter what you do, once you have this condition, it will never go away and only get worse. I tried everything & ended up having it removed after a particularly bad attack that I almost passed out. The next day, the whites of my eyes had turned yellow & gradually my skin did too. That was the bile backing up into my system. This is a very serious condition since it can eventually damage your pancreas & you can live without your gallbladder but not without your pancreas. Also Pancreatic Cancer is more common in people who have gall bladder issues that go ignored. The surgery is laparoscopic with three small incisions. If you wait until you have a severe attack, the gallbladder swells & you may have to be cut all around your side. So the earlier you medically address the issue the better. GL

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• surgery is no bog deal, i was pregnant when i had mine out and that was just in jan. 6 days later i was fine. the problem is that once you are making stones it means your gall isn't working properly and probably never will again. u will always have problems. just get it out
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 2:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I was told 2 years ago that I have small stones/sludge and needed it out. I cut out most fried/greasy stuff and began exercising and lost 30 pounds. I still occasionally get pain but it's much rarer.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• No I do know people who went through the surgery though.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I haven't. Good luck!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No, I unfortunately had to have surgery.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2011