Doors Taken Off Of Bathroom Stalls At High school?

So someone wrote on the bathroom stalls in the school's boys' P.E. restroom.

A P.E. teacher told the kids the stall doors will be taken off ("and everyone will see you taking a ****"). If it happens again. WTH?

I think it would be in violation of the state department of education's regulations. Invasion of privacy as well, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Terrible, but it's not the first time I've heard that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Probably just a threat
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• you shouldn't take things so literally. he's obviously not taking the doors off. he's just putting the fear of god in the kids so they don't vandalize school property. don't be so naive
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• They've done that at my high school...it's pretty common for boys' restrooms, and sometimes even the girls' have just a curtain.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 2:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Hahahaha. That's hilarious.

But to calm your fears. It IS illegal. Teachers say things all the time to scare kids out of being stupid. Doesn't always work now does it? I bet you're one of those parents that call the school for one thing or another every other day, huh? Relax!
    Anonymous

• I thought that it was determined to be a invasion of privacy! maybe it was just a certain state.

probably just a threat, but if they follow through, your son and his friends should picket the school! I can see it now, make up signs saying things like 'keep our dumps private! give us back our bathroom doors!' then someone could make a call to get it on the evening news.........
    maybe that would teach them!

that teacher sounds like a trip!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Well to be honest, they took the doors off our stalls in my high school, and all we had was curtains .... at least in the PE locker room!!!! It was horrible....there were 2 stalls back to back and a curtain in between the two, talk about invasion of privacy!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Wow, people are kinda rude on here. I would be upset too! Of course it's a violation of privacy and I am pretty sure it's illegal, but according to EdwinsMommy some schools still do it. Not cool in my book and I hate when adults who teach throw their weight around like they're somehow better or more in control. If they tell kids they're losers and will fail at life or something if they choose one thing or another they think it'll make the kids fix it, and that just isn't true.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It's a threat. One of the oldest ones in the book. It's a pain to keep having to paint the bathroom stalls! I bet every kid has heard that at least once in their school career
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @ItsMe89: You are too funny, love it!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011