How can i make him understand?

I'm a first time mom and my boyfriend is a first time dad too. We try to agree or atleast pretend we like eachothers ideas and try to try anything we ask of eachother this way there's no fights. I am 17 so i still live with my mom. I have my son 24/7 and he comes to see him everyday but he doesn't understand how hard things can be and makes it seem like what us moms do for our children isn't hard work. How do i get him to understand and appreciate what I do? It helps to get a "your doing great or keep it up" anything would be better than being told its not stressful and is a piece of cake. He just doesn't know.

treyvansmommy

Asked by treyvansmommy at 2:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him keep the baby by himself over night. DH thought it was a peice of cake until I went back to work and he had DS for 3 hours every night. He realized it's a lot harder than it looks. Exspecially when the baby just wants mommy.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Give him your son for 24 hours.... I'm sure he'll see then where you're coming from!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Sounds like daddy needs to let mommy have a few hours of mommy time. Have him watch your son for a few hours while you go out to eat or do a little shopping. He will appreciate you once he gets a taste of caring for his son by himself....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• My boyfriend didnt really understand how hard it was for me either, I stay home all day and he works. I used to have to do everything by myself with my son even when my boyfriend was home from work. One day I got really sick and had to stay at the hospital for a day, and he was home alone with our baby. Ever since then he appreciates what I have to do alot more, and he helps me out alot more now! He even said that he doesnt know how I get all the house work done every day when I have to take care of the baby too. So maybe if he was put in your position of taking care of the baby for awhile by himself he would understand.
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• men suck they don't think weather your 17 or 100 house work and kids is called work
    next time he comes over leave him with his child while you go out
    go shopping and take all day doing it don't run home even if he calls
    his life is easy you do all the work ,if he hang around you all day long he would see what you do
    but for now he see nothing
    i wounder what his mom did
    we don't sit on our ass all day long
    we cook,clean ,laundry,change,feed stay up with sick child
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• he needs to stay with you for a week to get the real effect.. he doesnt realize what lack of sleep and crying baby can do to you especially since you just had him that alone is exhausting!!! Good Luck mommy WE ARE HERE FOR U!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well talk to him and make him understand thats moms is not easy at all but keep up the good work you are doing great well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011