Childrens Services worker doesnt want own kids. Should she loose her job?

A judge deceided that it was in childrens best interest to reside with father across the country than live with mother who works for childrens services in a large county. This person makes decesions daily regarding other childrens best interest. Is this ethical? How does she have a job?

JLang

Asked by JLang at 3:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If you gave birth to kids and they don't live with you it is a bit odd for you to be working with kids. I mean hello she can't take care of her kids properly so why should she be telling others how to take care of their kids properly.
    If she never had kids it is different.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 3:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Do you have a link for this story? There are plenty of people who work in children's services and don't have their own kids. I even knew a few children's therapists who didn't want their own kids. I can't judge this woman, but why should she lose her job over something in her personal life?
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It also could be that both parents are wonderful, but the extended family and social networks of the child are where the father lives. That would be in the child's best interest, then, and may have nothing to do with how fabulous mom might be.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Should she LOSE her job? WIthout knowing all the details, I would say......we should not judge her.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would definitely think it worth investigating
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Why should she lose her job? Should teachers that don't have kids lose their jobs? Pediatricians that don't have kids lose their jobs? Just because someone doesn't have kids doesn't mean they can't do their job, a job that they go to school to learn the skills and education needed? Stop being so judgmental, especially if you don't know the ENTIRE story. Should the child psychologist who doesn't have kids lose their job? The day care provider that doesn't have kids? WOW! Some people are so judgmental.

BTW, it is NOT unethical for someone who doesn't have kids to work with kids or make decisions involving kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It depends on why the judge decided it was in the childrens best interest. Without all the details, I can't say.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Childrens Services in general makes me want to puke.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Then no, she shouldn't have that job. She didn't do what was in the best interest of her OWN children, I do not believe she has the right to make a decision on the well being of another child. That's my opinion.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Then she absolutely should not be a children's services worker! Hmm....And I was given a thumbs down earlier....
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011