Just found out I'm pregnant, and I am having cramps in my lower right side. Should I be worried?

I just found out i'm pregnant and when I move quickly to get out of bed or turn to hard a feel a sharp pain in my lower right side. This is my first pregnancy and I'm not 100% sure what to expect. So, does anyone have any advise for me?

Thanks

Crystal1292

Asked by Crystal1292 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have they done a sonogram yet? It could be almost anything, but I would call me doc to rule out eptopic pregnancy,,,I had ovarian cysts while I was PG. If it gets worse go to the ER..probably nothing but I am a worry wart,, congrats!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I probably wouldn't worry too much. Your body is beginning and getting ready for a lot of physical changes ahead :o) Congratulations on expecting! Maybe bring this up at your 1st OB appointment (or next if you've already had one).
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Just take things a bit easy. The pain is your body's way of telling you to take it easy. It has happened to me already and I'm about 9 wks along with my 3rd. You might want to ask a doc about it if it is only on one side all the time. It might be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 3:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes, ectopic pregnancy was what first came to mind, but i dont want to settle on that. I will deff bring this up when I go to my first OB appointment. Thanks
    Crystal1292

Comment by Crystal1292 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I have always had those pains when I have been pregnant with my two kids. The doctor said it is from the ligaments that attach from the uterus to your pelvis are stretching and it hurts. Hope that helps. If you start cramping all the time or start bleeding, or get a fever then call your OB right away since those are other sings of ectopic pregnancy
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It could be a Corpus Luteum Cyst. I had one with my first on the right side. I also had terrible shooting pains down into my vagina when I'd move. It could also be an Ectopic pregnancy. A trip to the doctor would figure it out! Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011