2 pills a day?!

Has anyone else's dr put them on 2 birth control pills a day? Ive been have a lot of issues with the bc I'm on, ( continually bleeding)and even prior method I was using. My dr suggested I tried 2 pills a day, and call her back in 3 weeks to see if there's been a change. Has anyone else had to do this? She also advised me to skip my reminder pills this month.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 3:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• My doctor did a couple months ago, to help stop excessive bleeding, and they did, for the most part. I do have to say though, that taking 2 birth control pills a day made me SO sick to my stomach. Good luck!
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• nope.. that's something new to me.. I would read the patient information sheet about the type of birth control your using.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 3:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• How long has it been since you've had a real period? Are you spotting, or having a period while on those pills? If it's been awhile since you've had a real period, and you're spotting on the pill, I would ask for an ultrasound to see how thick the lining is of your uterus. If it's really thick, then you need to get rid of it or it will raise your risk for cancer. I have had this experience, and I'm currently taking meds to thin out the lining without sending me to the hospital for hemorrhaging.

If you've had recent periods or are bleeding more than spotting while on the pill, then I don't know what to tell you. Vitanica makes a supplement called "slow flow" that is really good for stopping heavy bleeding, I think I would rather take that than two bc pills a day.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Nope. :/
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Never heard of two BC pills a day.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2011