When should I start to potty train my 18 month old?

kristene13

Asked by kristene13 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would start now if you haven't already. I had a potty in my daughter's bathroom being shortly after she turned 1. She was completely potty trained by 2 1/2 years old. She did a great job. I was not pushy about it. We did not do the tangible reward system - just got super excited anytime she used/showed interest in/sat on or did anything with the potty. Happy potty training!!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• We started with my daughter when she was about 1.. First just allowing the potty to be around and let her explore so she wasnt scared of it.. She was completely potty trained by the time she was 2
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I waited until my kids turned 3. It only took a few days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Every kid is different and boys and girls differ. I didn't even start my boy until he as about to turn 3. As a result it took less than a month to train. Some people start early and end up potty training for 6+ months or even over a year!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Google 'toilet training readiness" and see if he/she is showing some of the signs of being ready. it goes much faster if they are truly ready. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2011