So was it my job to interfere with the bullying advice? adult content

DH was putting our niece down for bed, Niece's mommy suggested that DH read her a particular book for her bedtime story. I didn't see the book as I imagined it was hidden after this, but I think it was about 'doing the right thing'

I was listening to this cute scenario from the living room when this was going on.

there was a part where the book asked the reader 'what do you do when someone laughs at you and calls you names?'
my husband's version of the answer was:
you say this: "well yeah!? I've heard that YOU wet your PANTS!"

I started laughing so hard that I feared I'd have an accident myself! I was doing all I could to keep it quiet, holding pillows on my face, everything I could think of. When my nieces Mommy came into the room and gave me a look, I only laughed harder!

I know she wanted me to go in there and stop him, as usual she didn't come right out and SAY it, but her look spoke volumes!
I told her don't look at me!

when I could finally get more words out, I told her that if she had a issue with DH she would have to take it up with him, because I couldn't help her.

I mean I literally couldn't! I could barely speak let alone get up and do anything about it! I couldn't very well go in there and correct him while I was laughing hysterically could I? what kind of example would that set?

I told her to send his brother in there to deal with it, but turned out she couldn't because he was laughing harder than I was!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Funny story, I too am laughing.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Thanks for the giggle!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I figured with all that's going on in the world, we all needed a laugh! please bump to spread the laughter! I don't care about the points, I've got plenty!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Funny indeed. Needed the laugh.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That was a great styory and to be honest I would have done the same thing that you did and my husband would have been in there saying the same thing to his neice and I could just see my SIL ruling her eyes and getting so mad. She's a little uptight. LOL Again great story thanks for the laugh!
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Hahahahaha! Dads.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• rolling on floor

purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well thats a good one hahaha thats the same wrods you have to say well goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011