Is it wrong?

Does anyone think that it is wrong to be married and chat on the computer with an old boyfriend who lives over 1000 miles away that you still have feelings for after not seeing each other in over 7 years? just wondering!!

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 3:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Emotional affair description right there.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Seems wrong to me because you have feelings for this person. Just ask yourself if your husband was doing the same thing how would you feel?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yep. Should not be talking to old boyfriends at all. All your loyalty should be given to your hubby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Yes its wrong. If you still have feelings for this man and you're talking to him, despite the distance, you're having an emotional affair with him...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yes, it's wrong. and it's wrong that you still have feelings for him.
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 3:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• This does not refer to me, this is my SIL.
    momoftaterbug

Comment by momoftaterbug (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think it is wrong and I think it's dangerous. My advice is to leave him alone and let it go. How would you feel is the shoe was on the other foot? Let the past stay there and keep your eye on your future with your husband.

I don't see how any good can come from contact with an ex you have feeling for. Can you?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Depends on the topics of conversation and your emotional attachment to the boyfriend.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I found an old boyfriend on FB and we started talking and we realized we both still had feelings for eachother .... the problem - we we're both married! It was wrong because of our feelings, because it wasn't friendship. I really hated how I felt and I hated the thought about how my husband and his wife would feel. Then I thought about how i would feel if my husband was talking to someone else and had feelings for this other person. My concience got the better of me and one day and I closed my FB account. I erased his number, i got rid of everything! I put this guy back in the past where he belonged. Your SIL such also do that. She should walk away and never look back or she could be asking for trouble.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• so just talking to someone is a emotional affair? doesn't take much does it?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2011