Any tips on how to feel better with normal blood sugar?

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, but my blood sugar and insulin levels are back in the pre-diabetes range.

Whenever my blood sugar is under 100, whether I ate or not, I feel like my blood sugar is under 70. I'm shaky, can't think, and I can barely test my blood because I feel so out of it. Under 100 is my goal, unless I just ate, but I feel HORRIBLE when it's that low. I don't want to have to keep it high just to feel good.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Health

• this is your body detoxing. it will get better but you need to stay at your goal. your body has become accustom to an unhealthy state and believes it can only function in that state because you've trained it that way. detoxing from anything is hell but worth it in the end because type 2 diabetes will go away if you become healthy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I understand what you're saying, but I can't live like that and wait it out. I actually passed out a couple of days ago, and I just can't take care of my son like this.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would talk with my dr. about this. Hope you are feeling good soon!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• i have type 2 also and its really hard at first......i was sick for about 6 months ........just keep taking ur meds the way u should
    dont miss no matter how bad u feel cuz the next day u will be worse.....call ur doc anytime u feel light headed or just have question........it does get alot better tho just have to watch what u eat......i still have trouble with that part good luck to u i feel 4 u
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No idea.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011