Any ideas for Easter?

This Easter will be my daughters 1st. So we want it to be special like all other firsts. She is only 10 months, she doesn't eat many sweets. What are some good options other than candy bunnies & things that are healthy & age appropriate? Also other things to put in basket. We don't get into the whole "easter bunny" thing. We want her to grow up knowing why we celebrate Easter & its meaning. My husbands job causes us to road travel so this year we will be away from our family & celebrating in a motel room & attending church service at a strange church. We'll probably be in Richmond Virginia. So if any one is from there & know of churchs, restaraunts for Eatser dinner & someplace to take her to play please let me know. Any ideas would be helpful.

kayleesmom42328

Asked by kayleesmom42328 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• Do an easter egg hunt and make them a little obvious. What to put in the basket I usually put little toys that they can play with.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• For my dds first Easter (she was 7 mo this) we got her a cute stuffed animal, some of those fruit puffs, mini gummy bears, a few new binkies, some hair bows, and some stackable blocks. She is too young to understand the Easter bunny or the real reason why we celebrate Easter. For now, I'd leave that part out. Once she is older, make it a tradition of reading the Easter story before she can get into her Easter basket.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2011