Seriously, she gots her nerve!

okay...going to try to make a long story short. I got married in 2007 and wanted my sister to be my maid of honor...she was upset with me for keeping my distance from the family prior to getting married, I stayed away because I felt that my relationship with my family was toxic and unhealthy and I needed to remove myself a little to feel better...I needed to do it for me. My husband actually encouraged me to include my family in our wedding, I new it was a bad idea but somehow his positive way of looking at things convinced me to try to reach out to them and ask them to be apart of my special day(wedding). Well, it did not go over to well...they wanted to discuss why I have stayed away from everyone and they wanted to bring up old bull sh**t and I just couldn't understand why we needed to rehash everything prior to them agreeing to stand up in my wedding. I just felt like it was my special day and I just needed them to be there for me. Well, we had a falling out and my mom and two sisters did NOT attend my wedding day. Now I out of the blue 4 years later I get a text message from my sister saying that she needs to ask my husband and I a huge favor regarding my nephews (her sons) graduation. Seriously!? she gots her nerve! What do you think about...what I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Be the bigger person. It may have hurt your feelings, but your nephew had nothing to do with it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Maybe she's using the kids to get to you? I'd like to think not, but who knows. But if it really is for the kids, do it for the kids, not her, not even yourself.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I totally see your point but I would at least listen to what her 'huge favor' is. GOOD LUCK!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would ignore her but let your husband decide what he wants to do. Give him the message and see what she wants and leave it up to him.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Not going to hurt to hear her out.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'm not trying to be bitchy...but it is for your husband to decide. She is asking nothing of you. Not passing the message on could start trouble in your own home...even if you are against it. I understand toxic family members my sperm donor is still physicallly alive but my Dad has been dead for 10 years to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• OP here~ Did you read my question? She's my sister...what do you mean it is for my husband to decide? Yes, we can decide together, but it is not his decision alone. (For GrnEyedGrandma)

I am most angry that she is using my nephew to as an excuse to get me to do something that will ultimately help her out!!! Just a very manipulating move on her part.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• SOunds like she needs money. and for you all not to have been in contact, and when YOU tried to include them in your wedding THEY chose not to be there... why should you be there in her time of need??? she wasnt there for you. Yeah she's your sister and family but be cautious, she still may not have anything to do with you after you guys do this huge favor for her.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• maybe the favor is asking you to come.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If only it was that simple lol. ItsMe89. I would love to attend the ceremony and give him a gift or a card with money. I just think her asking me for a FAVOR is going to literally be something HUGE. and she is using him to get it from me. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011