How do I sell this???

My husband and I are moving to a smaller place and real necessary in selling our dining table with hutch. I have no idea why people are not interest in it. I would love to keep it actually I would love to keep it but can't.....simple frown We put it on craigslist and got one interest person in it but my husband said it's a scam. 

Why is it that you desperate need to sell something and people take advantage of the situation?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 4:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• Maybe a family member can hold onto it for awhile?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Are there any furniture consignment stores near you. They take a percentage but they will generally get you the best money. Be very careful with Craigslist. Scams and perverts abound there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• If nobody is interested, it's probably because it's out of style, or you're asking too much money, or both. If you're desperate to get rid of it, consider lowering your asking price. If you can't do that, you'll end up having to store it somewhere.
    I just bought an AWESOME table off someone on Craigslist last week!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• You could try eBay with the local pick up option. Only people in your local area would bid on it. Or your local newspaper.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Another thing about craigslist.. If you can deliver it then make sure you say so in your post. A lot of people don't have vehicles big enough to lug stuff like that around and I know that was a big factor whenever I buy any furniture off of craigslist.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Try putting it on the lawn with a 4 sale sign and how much you want. Craig's list is full of scammers, but you can sell things if the price is right. Trying to get what you paid for it, WILL NOT fly on craigs list, or with most places. Even if it is solid wood. People just wont give you what you paid for it. You can also post ad's with a pic at grocery stores and laundry mats and gas stations.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That is the way the world is sadly.

I would just leave it on craigslist for a while or lower the price.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011