My friend's 3 year old daughter is having a competition at school about who is prettier...

How would you handle that and what would you tell your own daughter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What kind of school is that. Creepy.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't let her attend.

WOW!!! Really??? There is so much more to a person then looks.

I would question to the school about it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I would tell her that outside beauty doesn't even compare to inside beauty and try explaining that one......

Answer by older at 4:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That's terrible... 3 years old?? Really??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• no way , wrong , bye bye
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I didn't ask for opinions I asked for answers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• my dd is very pretty ( and im not saying that because shes my dd) she has two or three boys that like her so no one makes fun of her not being pretty. And she is 6 and they also fight over whos the coolest. She has a very up in your face personality so she can be a bit much so kids ignore her sometimes and she cries. I just tell her shes beautiful inside and out sometimes people wont get you but thats okay and i tell her to not worry so much about things like that because your real friends dont make fun of you.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 5:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Lol, Anon, you don't get to control how people respond.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 5:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I'd tell her that everyone is beautiful in thier own way and maybe say one person might have beautiful hair, one might have beautiful eyes, one has a beautiful smile...(not sure at that age that she's gonna get the whole inner beauty thing)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• That is very sad! :-(
    Id tell my dd real quick that is shallow & you should not compare your looks to others like that. we are all unique & beautiful in our own way! There is no reason to compete in that manner. Did you choose your nose? Your lips? Your hair? NO you did not! And others did not either. If you want to compete in something go race on the playground & see who is the fastest. Compete on something that each person actually has control over! Be the bigger person & let them all know they are pretty!

Ya i think if that ever happened my daughter would learn a huge lesson & see the HURT in my face!

This is just another reason I can put on the list of "Should I homeschool!"
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2011